The purpose of Community Groups at FBC Ironton is to equip believers, through their involvement in biblical community, to grow together in their worship of God, in their understanding and application of God’s Word to their lives, and in their desire to reach the lost with the message of the Gospel.
What Are Community Groups?
Community groups at FBC Ironton are smaller groups of church members and attendees, both male and female and of various ages, meeting together weekly in homes for fellowship, Bible study, and prayer. These groups meet year-round (with occasional off weeks) to discuss questions based on the sermon passage from Sunday morning.
Why Are Community Groups Important?
Strengthening Biblical Community
Community Groups are intended to provide our church members a context in which they can live out the various “one another” commands found in Scripture
- Love and care for one another (John 13:34; 1 Corinthians 12:25)
- Pray for one another and bear one another’s burdens (James 5:16; Galatians 6:2)
- Encourage one another (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
- Teach and admonish (warn) one another (Colossians 3:16; Hebrews 3:13)
- Confess sins to one another (James 5:16)
- Forgive one another (Ephesians 4:32)
- Serve one another (Galatians 5:13; 1 Peter 4:10)
- Submit to one another (Ephesians 5:21)
- Welcome/greet one another (Romans 15:7; 2 Corinthians 13:12)
- Show hospitality to one another (1 Peter 4:9)
- Live in harmony/peace with one another (Romans 15:5; Mark 9:50)
Fostering Deeper, More Meaningful Relationships
Community Groups bring together individuals of different ages, life experiences, and preferences, unifying them around the Gospel and helping them to understand the responsibility they have for one another as brothers and sisters in Christ.
Making a Gospel Impact on our Community
Our prayer is that our Community Groups would serve as a testimony to the Gospel’s power in transforming our lives and our relationships. They are intended to be welcoming, non-threatening environments to which participants can invite unbelievers in the hopes that they will hear the Gospel and trust in Christ for salvation.
When Do Community Groups Meet?
We have three Community Groups that meet each week and, Lord willing, we will start more in the future.
- Asher Group – meets Tuesdays at 6:30 PM
- Williams Group – meets Tuesdays at 6:30 PM
- Lorenz Group – meets Wednesdays at 10:00 AM
Email Pastor Corey at email@example.com for more information or to get involved with one of our groups.